November 7, 2018
NEW JERSEY PRESS CONFERENCE LAUNCHES CAMPAIGN TO REMOVE CAPACITY CAP
Free the Grapes! launched its campaign in Trenton on October 17 with a successful press conference to support two favorable bills that would remove the 250k gallon capacity cap.
TV, radio and print media outlets covered the issue, including local nightly newscasts in Philadelphia, New Jersey and New York. The conference featured vintner Dennis Cakebread, chairman of Cakebread Cellars and a Free the Grapes! board member; Terri Cofer Beirne, Eastern Counsel for Wine Institute; and Jeremy Benson, Executive Director of Free the Grapes!
You can view the FOX-TV clip here as well as a summary of coverage, which generated a sharp uptick in Facebook followers and email subscribers.
NEW LOOK FOR FREETHEGRAPES.ORG
Free the Grapes! launched a new website last month that will help us communicate with wineries, wine lovers and the press. Some of the highlights include:
- Interactive Maps: Shipping maps for both winery DTC and now retailer DTC will help consumers understand state laws, and take action to support favorable legislation.
- Trade Section: An improved section for trade professionals puts all the tools in one place
- Mobile UI: An improved mobile interface helps readability.
- Updates: Past media updates and press releases are included on the Press
DTC WINE SYMPOSIUM 2019: REGISTRATIONS OUTPACING PAST YEARS
Advance registrations for the 2019 DTC Wine Symposium are outpacing past years so we encourage wineries to register soon before the national summit on DTC sales and marketing is sold out.
The DTC Wine Symposium includes practical Workshops and Sponsor Sessions, thought-provoking Keynote speakers, and sponsor demonstrations on January 23-24, 2019 at the Hilton Concord Hotel in Concord, CA.
This year’s Workshop Sessions focus on case studies, experience-based insights, data, and tangible ideas you can implement immediately. To view the list of Workshop descriptions and speakers, visit the Program page. Here is a list of confirmed Workshop Session titles:
- Wine Clubs Reimagined
- Competing in the Age of Amazon
- Leveraging Influencers, User Generated Content, and Experiential Marketing to Drive Sales and Brand Awareness
- We May be Small but we are Mighty: Small Wineries and Strategies for Success
- Driving ROI From Events
- Storyselling: Capturing Customers and Sales Through Narrative
- Staying Legal with Social Media
- Wine Tourism: Built It, Now Will They Come?
Before December 14, wineries save $25 on early bird single registrations ($650) and an additional $50 on multiple registrations from your company ($600), the most popular option last year. To register, click here — https://www.eventbrite.com/e/direct-to-consumer-wine-symposium-2019-tickets-48750093843 The Hilton Concord offers a reduced rate room block.
The DTC Wine Symposium is presented by, and is the chief fundraiser for, Free the Grapes! The annual summit funds PR and consumer engagement activities in states like New Jersey, Ohio, Indiana, Delaware and many others. Your attendance is key to funding these campaigns and helping the industry continue to open new states, streamline onerous regulations, and defend legal shipping states.
# # #